He studied at the Institute of Fine Arts in Naples, a student of Salvatore Fergola of Smargiassi and Morelli. He perfected in Rome and Paris, where he stayed attending the Corot.
The Princess of the Fortress wrote about it in his book “The Modern Art in Italy”: “learning that form chosen, the colorful and vigorous end the taste of the whole which, combined with its character of high feeling and the constant search for truth, making him one of the strongest and reputed artists of our school. ” He took part in several exhibitions: the Exhibition Amateurs and Connoisseurs of Fine Arts in Rome in 1855, at the National Exhibition of Florence to Bologna Exhibition in 1866 at the International French in 1867, the National Exposition of Parma and Turin in 1880 with the “Ruins of Paestum” and “the Wood” considered this his best work, purchased by the Ministry of Education and currently in the Gallery of Modern Art in Florence.
His other credits include “Lake Nemi,” in Vonwiller Gallery in Naples; “Vico Lake” which was bought by the King, “Ruins of a world” that was preserved in the National Gallery of Modern Art in Rome; “Sant ‘Arcangelo Cava, “” The Marne near Paris, “” Sunrise on the Sabine mountains, “in the Gallery of Modern Art in Florence” a pond with horses, “in the Gallery of Modern Art in Milan,” Solitude, “” Poetry Maremma “, “DOWN”, “Champagny,” “Pescarenico”; “Posillipo” “Quiet.”
Many of his paintings are in the Royal Palaces in Milan, Rome, Turin and Naples. He was an honorary professor of the Institute of Fine Arts of Naples, the Academies of Bologna and Turin.