He studied at the Institute of Fine Arts in Naples, pupil of Morelli, from whom he learned the poem, the kindness of painting and color harmony. He was also a pupil and friend of Gaetano Esposito, with whom he collaborated in some work. He decorated a church converted into a charnel house, in Vinzaglio.
In 1900 he decided to travel to Paris and his paintings brought from Salerno he exhibited at the Paris Salon and one another in Venice. They had good success the “Impressions of the romantic street in Paris.” In 1907 he exhibited at the Salon des Independents and French artists. “The Symphony” is currently in the Museum of Luxembourg; “The Heroic” in an Italian gallery.
In 1914 he had a mission by the French Government to Morocco, where he was the guest of General Chambrun. Some of his paintings were purchased by the King, from the Gallery of Villa Torlonia, the General Navigation in different Italian private galleries, from the Khedive of Egypt, from the French Government, the Museum of Santiago, the Museum of Lima, the Galleria Neuman. At the Venice Biennale of 1914 he exhibited “Violante,” “Blanche”, “Incognita”.