An engineering graduate instead devoted himself to painting. He was a pupil of the school of G. B. Lelli and Pagliano. He painted landscapes of high mountains, Brianza, views of the lakes, with grace, strength and feeling. In the portraits in the manner of approaches Ranzoni and Cremona.
Jealous of his artistic production, bought back several times his paintings sold at shows and made copies to preserve in his study of portraits by commission. In 1896, in Milan, in the Palazzo della Permanente, to honor his memory was organized a posthumous exhibition, where he figured 154 paintings, including landscapes and portraits.
His paintings are mostly kept by his nephews, in Milan, but also appear in public galleries and private collections. Of his many works include: “Sun of April” and “Shepherdess”, owned by the King; “High pastures (Maloja)”, Academy of Fine Arts of Milan, “mountain artillery” in the Gallery ‘Modern Art in Milan, “Yoke of San Bernardino”, owned by the Ministry of Education, already awarded with a gold medal at the International Exposition in Berlin in 1891 and currently in the Gallery of Modern Art in Rome; “Riva di Lecco “” St. Anthony in Val Furva, “” Portrait of a Woman “, formerly owned by Pompeo Mariani,” mending sails, “” Old farmer “,” The stonecutters (Suna), “” The banks of the Adda “; “Carenno,” “The great sea of Capri,” “At the dance.” Also executed twenty etchings to some great effects and among them: “Dock” and “Farmhouse in the mountains.”