From his father Julius was the first rudimentary teachings perfected the art and traveling. It was in Paris, where he attended the study of Gérome and that of Dlecamps. In 1861, he was appointed professor of landscape Academy of Parma, post he held for 15 years.
He moved to Milan and, for a short time, he taught at the Brera, instead of Ricciardi. It was his pupil the Segantini. He treated the landscape and figure paintings of historical and executed. Include: “The view of Marly,” “The evening at the source,” “A view of Parma,” “Marina in Portovenere,” “The washerwomen at Bougival”; “Various interior of the Cathedral of Parma.” These works, which figured in various Italian exhibitions earned him good name, confirmed by awards. Other notable works: “Bandits that attack a car on the mountains of Abruzzo,” “Rivone the boats on the river Parma,” “A caravan on the march to Suez,” “On the Seine in Bolugival” “Courtyard of a house in Parma” , “Mulino di San Giacomo in Parma”; “An ambush” and “The barrier of Clichy”, preserved in the Museo Civico in Turin.