He studied with Adriano Cecioni, then, recommended by Signorini, he devoted himself to sculpture than to painting. It was a continuation of macchiaioli. He started his career in 1888 at the Promoter of Florence with six small “Landscapes” and continued annually to expose paintings and statues.
From 1891 to 1895 followed the pointillist school and painted, among other things “On the banks of the Arno” and “Morning on the sea.” In 1897 the International Art and Flowers of Florence exhibited two large “Female Portraits” in pastel.
In 1898 he represented in Turin with “Pain”. Then he participated in the Venice Biennale with “The shameful” (1899), “The Silence” (1901), “Portrait of Irma Gramatica,” pastel (1903), “Evening”, drawing (1905). He represented the main exhibitions of Italian and foreign ones Brussels, Monaco, Vienna, London, St. Louis, Buenos Aires. In 1905 he was appointed Director of the Municipal School of Painting of Pavia. His works are in the Gallery of Modern Art in Venice and Florence, in one of Lima (Peru) and in the Museum of Brussels.