He was a pupil of Diotti in his city, the Accademia Carrara, and in that of Rome Camuccini. He made paintings with historical and religious grandiose concept of clear complexion, for patrician houses and many churches of Italy.
Between 1848 and 1851 painted the large face of the Cathedral of Savona and the main door is “Jesus scacciante the merchants from the temple” in the two walls of the Holy of Holies painted “Giulio ask that the first stone of St. Peter” and “Sisto IV blessing fighters against the Turks. ”
In Rome, where he lived and where he oversees the Academy of St. Luke from 1871 to 1873 left several important frescoes in the Palazzo Torlonia, “The exploits of Alexander,” “Parnassus,” “The Four Elements,” “The Triumph of Bacchus” and “The Battle of the Amazons.” Others are in the church of San Carlo in Cattinari, “St. Stephen” (canvas) in the Basilica of St. Paul and the Gallery of Modern Art hosts the “Portrait of parents of the painter.” In Bergamo, as well as the frescoes in the Duomo is his work “Portrait of Cardinal Nembrini”, kept in the town hall, “St. Michael” in the church of the same name.
His other credits include the Cathedral of Porto Maurizio in that of Piacenza, in the chapel Scotti Oreno in the casino and the parish church of Legino, near Savona, representing the latter, “The glory of St. Ambrose.” Brave teacher had numerous students who distinguished themselves and some of them emerged.