The first training was with his father Gennaro and then he attended the Academy of Naples and then to Rome. Soon established himself as a specialist of the genre Pompeian followed with great philological rigor in the wake of D. Morelli. He executed many works that sold for the most part, British and American.
Include: “Christ in the Garden” and “Rest in Egypt,” in the chapel of the Royal Palace of Naples; “The desecration of the Temple” and “The visit of St. Elizabeth”, in the church of SS. Severino and Sosio; “San Ferdinando”, in the church of San Ferdinando, “San Glycerius baptizing the jailer” large canvas, exhibited in Naples in 1855 and preserved in the Galleria di Capodimonte, “The Virgin and Child with Saints”, in church of Our Lady of Pompeii, “St. Catherine” in a chapel adjacent to the church of the Valley of Pompeii, “episode of the last day of Pompeii”, exhibited in Naples in 1877, “Woman playing Pompeian”, “Florist”.