He studied the Florentine Academy pupil of Enrico Pollastrini and Stefano Ussi. He started his career at the exhibition of the Society of encouragement of Fine Arts in Florence in 1858 and later took part in many exhibitions and abroad. Some of his works: “The trecciaiole”, much admired, exhibited in Florence, and now in the National Museum in London, “Return of the woods,” “A sheep shearer”, “The rest”, awarded in Naples; “The Mother” , owned by the Cav. Davide De Micheli, “Return from the source,” “Back Father” and “The Woodman,” in the National Gallery of Rome, “The harvest”, “Music”, “Shut”, owned by Mrs. Elisa Ferroni, “At the fountain “, donated to the Government and currently preserved in the Gallery of Modern Art in Florence,” The baptism of Jesus, “” The departure of Tobias, “” in the fields “, well placed in the Gallery of Modern Art in Florence, with” the woodsman, “” the flocking, “” the wagon “,” the Boat “, owned by the Earl of Frassineto;” First child “;” Practical saints, “” Back from the market “, owned by the Cav. Angelo Bondi, “The ball” and “Sunday”, the property of Mrs. Maria Ferroni Corsi. He also left many portraits. In 1882, she was nominiato teacher at the Academy of Florence, then in those of Bologna and Milan.