Born in Rome on May 14, 1876. He attended the Industrial Art Museum in Rome under the guidance of Raphael Ojetti. In 1896 he finished his studies, he drew the sign réclame for the theater company of Hugh Moth.
In 1901 he performed for the House Alinari in Florence most of the illustrations to Dante’s poem from 1902 to 1906 he collaborated with original compositions in the journal “Novissima” and oversaw the construction of Shakespeare’s plays “Julius Caesar” and “King Lear,” with concepts stage so new and personal, that his name became popular.
In 1907 he performed the scenes, invented costumes and illustrated from top to bottom the tragedies “The ship” of D’Annunzio and “Fury dominant” Fausto Salvadori.
In 1908 he was called to occupy the chair of drawing in the Academy of Rome, taking care with kindness development and steady progress. Its activities are carried out between the decoration, set design and sculpture. Works: “The skeleton of the hut,” “The Sacred Fire” (woodcuts), “Stained glass window of the warriors,” “Defenders of the City Italico” (polychrome design); “The letters and things” (tri-color); “Fireflies” (cardboard window), “Polyptych” for the school of Lime Away, “the Little Flowers of St. Francis”, “The palio of Siena.” He edited the illustration of many editions, almost all dedicated to children and to the school.