He was born in 1870 on January 22 in Palermo. He studied in Rome couriered from Palermo City Hall, and was a pupil of Ercole Rosa. “The Pompeian”, “The vote,” “Diotima” are his works in bronze acquired by the Royal Family. In 1910 he became an honorary member of the Academy of Brera.
In 1934, Benito Mussolini gave to the bronze statue of Our Lady of lictor, and shortly before his death, in 1949, donated to the Gallery of Modern Art in Palermo 40 of his works depicting mainly female busts in marble and bronze statues depicting children and animals.
Very important in his career was the collaboration with the architect Ernesto Basile, thanks to which he made some public works including, in 1910, the realization of the allegorical figures of Italy and Sicily for the Monument celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of national unity in Palermo.