Piedmontese ornatist painter, born in Casale Monferrato, he is a pupil of prof. Moja, and devoted himself to decorative art was in Cagliari, where he painted in the palace of Senator Laconi. In 1864 he went to Spain, to paint the ceiling of the Calderon Theater in Valladolid, and where he followed; another large number of works committed to him by the distinguished set designer Ferri.
Returning to Italy in 1874, he decorated the castle of the Oliani family in Rivara Canavese, and in 1869 he painted the ceiling of the Gerbino theater in Turin. Called back to Madrid, he painted the bedroom of S. M. the King Alfonso, and stayed there for three months.
On his return he went to Savigliano, where he made the decorations of that municipal theater, of which he also painted the curtain. There he also decorated the Villa palace; the apse of the church of the Sanità, Sanctuary which is located outside Savigliano and made other works.
He also painted the parish church of San Michele in Cortemiglia, that of San Montaldo d’Asti; and the Chapel of the Madonna del Carmine in Antaldo. Back home he made the curtain and the scenes of the Politeama Casalese and many other decorative works.
Sought after many occasions, for ornamental works, he made the entrance hall, painted in perspective, for the 1880 Exhibition in Turin, and for the 1887 Carnival he performed many scenes at the Circolo degli Artisti in that city.